I can’t take claim for this rice salad. Scott, my husband, made this wonderful rice salad for our afternoon picnic at the beach. Really simple and full of flavor. The seasoning measurements are not exact, sorry…we tend to cook and season as we go!
- 1 cup (uncooked) wild rice
- 1 apple (peel on), cored & chopped into small pieces
- about 1 tablespoon olive oil
- few good shakes of lemon juice (maybe almost a teaspoon)
- a good pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground peppercorns – to taste
- sprinkle of curry powder
- good hand full of basil cut into ribbons
Rinse wild rice before you cook it. Cook rice according to package. Let rice cool in pan. Mix in olive oil and lemon juice as vinaigrette. Add cored and chopped apple. Sprinkle a little bit of curry powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add ribboned basil and mix!